In Coleg Cambria’s beautifully landscaped grounds in Northop you will learn the skills to design, build and maintain new garden projects as well as developing the commercial, skills and plant knowledge needed for employment in a wide range of exciting and rewarding Horticulture careers.
Students have access to a wide range of facilities including specialist plants and equipment, ornamental grounds, garden projects and workshops. Students with an interest in construction skills, plants, nature, design and working outdoors will be surprised by the exciting and rewarding careers available in the Horticulture industry.
You may have the opportunity to be involved in educational visits including Cornwall and the Scilly Isles, The Eden Project, National Trust gardens, Botanic Gardens, National Garden Shows, growers and nurseries. Many past students are now running successful businesses across North Wales and further afield.
- Work experience at prestigious establishments such as the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh, Bodnant
- Gardens, landscape design companies and growers.
- Community projects and garden makeovers
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Strong industry links with local business, growers, and industry specialists
- Field trips and industry guest speakers
- Short courses to enhance learning and employability such as Certificates of Competence for Spraying, Brush Cutting, Tractor driving, Chainsaws, and Construction.
- University / Apprenticeship
- Landscape Gardener
- Landscape Surveyor
- Botanic Gardener/ Plantsman
- Contract Manager / Supervisor
- Self Employment
- Conservation/Environmental Sector
- Garden Designer
- Green Keeper/Sports Groundsman
- Council parks and gardens
- Retail garden centre
- Interior plant displays