Full Time, This is a 1 year full time course.
05 Sep 2022
23 Jun 2023
You will learn how to test and repair engines (including the use of Dynamometer) transmission systems, electric systems and hydraulic systems. In addition you will learn how mechanical power transmission systems and clutches work. You will also learn how to operate cultivation machinery, application machinery and harvesting machinery.
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to undertake external assessments to gain certificates of competence in Tractor Driving, Telescopic Handler, Welding, ATV, Fork Lift Truck, Abrasive Wheels.
Where will I study?
You will be based at our Llysfasi campus in our purpose built modern Engineering Workshop. Llysfasi is located in Ruthin, North East Wales.
You will have full access to our state of the art modern Engineering Workshop, with up to date Diagnostic and modern machinery, with a 970 acre commercial farm which comprises of Dairy, Beef and Sheep enterprises, alongside some Forage crop production close to hand.
Why choose Engineering at Llysfasi?
● Strong working relationships with leading industry specialists
● Developing skills in: machinery operating and machine technolog
● Opportunities to gain additional qualifications in: Tractor Driving Telehandler and ATV licences
● Hands-on practical work industrial work placements are an integral element to the course and contribute to future employment opportunities
● Extensive links with other agricultural engineering related businesses,
external visits and guest speakers are integrated into the course.
One externally set, externally marked health and safety test
One externally set, externally marked exam, sat under examination conditions
One externally set, internally marked, externally moderated assignment
and Maths or Science, or a Distinction grade in a Level 1 qualification.
At Coleg Cambria we would encourage you to do the very best that you can in your exams. The better your grades the more options you will have, and may result in you gaining entry onto a higher level course.
● Level 3 Advanced technical extended Diploma in Agricultural Engineering or Level 3 Advanced Technical extended Diploma in precision Agriculture- Mechanisation Route
● Apprenticeships and traineeships are available within the industry, where you can work whilst continuing to study.
Ready to begin your journey? Apply now
Our open days
Our Open Days is your chance to explore the College and find out the range of courses we offer.
Open Event – Bersham Road
Open Event – Yale 6th
Open Event – Deeside 6th
Open Event – Deeside
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Agricultural Tractor Driving and Related Operations
AGCO Diploma Training Scheme - Level 3