Our Llysfasi farm is set in 970 acres of countryside. The farm has three main enterprises; beef, sheep and dairy which includes our new £1m dairy unit.
- Welsh National Beef and Sheep Academy with one of the best resources in the UK
- 250 pedigree Fresian/Holstein herd with dynamic marketing of A1/2 Milk
- Links and partnerships with major dealer networks and machinery manufacturers
- Countryside estate and commercial forestry and woodlands
- Extensive fleet of vehicles, tractors, field machinery and equipment
- Purpose built Agricultural Teaching Centre with laboratory facilities
- Industry Standard Engineering workshops
- Well equipped Animal Care Centre with over 200 animals, including Collar and Comb specialist dog grooming academy, plus a specialist hedgehog rehabilitation centre.
The accommodation at Llysfasi caters for both male and female full-time students and is located on the main site. The rooms are extremely spacious and of a high quality, with free Wifi internet access available throughout the facility.Each block has kitchen facilities which are equipped with a kettle, toaster, fridge and microwave. There is also a games room which includes a flat/wide screen television, DVD player, pool table and table tennis table. Students also have access to the college fitness suite.
For younger residential students, there are hostel wardens in place, providing friendly support to get you through the year. Trips to the cinema, leisure centre and other requested activities are organised by the wardens. Our on site refectory provides catering facilities, with hot and cold meals for residential and non-residential students.