Forestry, Arboriculture & Countryside Management
- Forestry & Arboriculture
- Countryside Management
- Why choose Cambria?
- Short Courses
- Links with Industry
Forestry & Arboriculture
Our Forestry and Arboriculture courses are delivered within our 150 acres of dedicated conservation woodlands, commercial forestry plantations and amenity trees.
Whilst studying you will use a range of machinery, including chainsaws, brushcutters, wood chippers, skidders, forwarders and other timber processing equipment. You will also have the opportunity to undertake external assessments to gain certificates for use of chainsaws, brushcutters, wood chippers, pesticide spraying and tree climbing. Hands on practical work experience with partner organisations and industrial work placements are integral to the course and contribute to future employment opportunities.
Harvester Working in our Forests
Delivered within 970 acres of farm, woodland, heath, hedgerows and other habitats managed within the Glastir scheme.
Close links to partner organisations will give you excellent opportunities to study and work on a wide variety of habitats and sites, including woodlands, heath and moorland, ranging from the coast right up to the mountain tops. With plenty of hands on practical experience, including the use of machinery, tractors, ATVs, brushcutters and chainsaws. You will also have the opportunity to undertake external assessments to gain certificates for use of chainsaws, brushcutters, wood chippers, pesticide spraying and ATVs. Industrial work placements are integral to the course and contribute to future employment opportunities.
Why choose Cambria?
- Catered residential accommodation
- Extensive fleet of vehicles, tractors, field machinery and equipment
- Purpose built Agricultural Teaching Centre with laboratory facilities
- Extensive specialist workshops and modern welding facilities
- Visits to industry shows and competitions
- Lectures, guest speakers and demonstrations from industry specialists
- Entering competitions and shows
- Work experience with local employers
- Clubs and societies
- Community and volunteering opportunities