Engineering: Motor Vehicle Courses
- Full Time Courses
- Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships
- Evening and Short Courses
- Why choose Cambria?
- Career Paths
Coleg Cambria is one of the most successful automotive training centres in the UK, offering vehicle maintenance and
repair at all levels including fast-fit and hybrid vehicle qualifications.
Learn using the latest technology and get taught by industry professionals who will help you develop your skills in vehicle service, diagnostic training and air conditioning.
Depending on your course or apprenticeship you will learn how to diagnose more complex faults and repair major units, and learn test and overhaul procedures for engine systems, chassis, transmission and electrical systems.
Learn in our realistic workshop facilities featuring industry standard equipment such as valeting bays and diagnostic areas.
A programmes for those who want to start motor vehicle for the first time suitable for many school leavers. It introduces the vehicle and its systems. It covers all the main vehicle components and materials used including basic servicing and hand skills techniques. Learners can go onto an apprenticeship or start the level two 2nd year
2nd year pre-apprenticeship intermediate programme Level 2:
A programme which follows a programme of learning similar to a typical apprentice who works in the motor trade; however this is all done in the college. It is more involved than the first year. Learners will have to remove major components and units from the vehicle and perform component strip down and intermediate level diagnostics. There are five examinations which have to be completed. It is expected that learners at this stage are suitably prepared to start an apprenticeship within the motor vehicle industry.
3rd year Advanced full time programme level 3:
Learners who have not been able to secure apprenticeship opportunities and have ‘successfully’ achieved a level 2 motor vehicle programme with ‘good’ grades can start a level 3. This programme of learning offers learners the chance to use advanced diagnostic techniques which includes vehicle electronic testing and vehicle interrogation techniques. This programme also supports vehicle MOT testers (48 tariff UCAS)
- Apprenticeships Wales, Foundation and Advanced (light and heavy vehicles)
- Apprenticeships England both old and new standards (Trailblazer)
- Apprenticeships for Fast Fit
- Apprenticeship Parts and Sales
MOT tester training
- Manager AE level 3
- MOT tester classes 1-2, 4-7, class 3, class 5
- MOT Annual assessment testing
- MOT tester 3 hour CPD sessions with annual assessment testing
- MOT Level 3 Pre-vehicle testing Assessment (testers without level 3)
- Short course Hybrid Vehicle
- Short course 4 Wheel alignment using Hunter full alignment
- Air-conditioning safety handling and diagnostic
- Evening Courses (35 week) at level 2 and level 3 for more experienced people who have some or good skills, knowledge and understanding with no formal qualifications.