- Why choose Cambria?
- Short Courses
- Links with Industry
- Social Media
Do you want to join one of the most important, dynamic industries in the world – agriculture and food production? Do you want to help feed a growing global population?
Our agricultural programmes will inspire you to be successful in gaining the technical, scientific and practical skills that are required of modern agricultural food production. There are a range of career pathways for this dynamic, broad and interesting industry and well trained people are in high demand in a wide range of areas.
If you are interested in managing a livestock or arable farm, working in a science based role in research and commercial development, or turning your hand to the allied trades of crop agronomy, livestock nutrition, breeding, working with large scale machinery and precision farming or throughout the supply and retail chains, there are agriculture courses for you.
Llysfasi has been delivering Agriculture courses for nearly 100 years as a centre of excellence and our facilities are advancing all the time, from the latest in precision machinery and livestock technology, to the physical building resources and data systems on the college estate. We can offer the most up to date training for all of the key industries in the UK with dedicated professional, industry trained staff, industry supply chain stakeholders and excellent support which will deliver the best quality education that can be offered in a beautiful part of the country.
- Purpose built agricultural resource centre
- 970 acre commercial farm designed to demonstrate principles in practice and the application of scientific, technological and business principles to commercial agricultural and food production.
- Farm enterprises: Dairy, Beef and Sheep.
- Strong working relationships with industry specialists.
- Developing skills in animal sciences, machinery, plant and animal husbandry, crops, grassland and business.
- Opportunities to gain additional qualifications for example in: Safe Use of Pesticides, Telehandler and ATV.
- Hands on practical experience on our commercial farm and industrial work placements are an integral element to the course and contribute to future employment opportunities.
- Extensive links with other agricultural and food related businesses, external visits and guest speakers are integrated into the course.
Why choose Cambria?
- Catered residential accommodation
- Extensive fleet of vehicles, tractors, field machinery and equipment
- Purpose built Agricultural Teaching Centre with laboratory facilities
- Extensive specialist workshops and modern welding facilities
- Visits to industry shows and competitions
- Lectures, guest speakers and demonstrations from industry specialists
- Entering competitions and shows
- Work experience with local employers
- Clubs and societies
- Community and volunteering opportunities
Shearing at Llysfasi
A short video on agriculture at Llysfasi