Coleg Cambria is a truly enterprising institution and we strive to create a range of fun, practical opportunities for you to improve your entrepreneurial skills, create new networks and connections and to enhance your business knowledge and experience at Wales' newest educational institution.
Following ongoing feedback from students and staff alike, events and activities take place throughout the year and have been developed to fit in and around your studies. These opportunities will offer quality learning opportunities and will contribute to the entrepreneurial spirit at Coleg Cambria. They will allow you to:
- develop the skills you need to build a successful future, whether local or global - as an individual or as part of a group
- work with inspirational role models and employers and create a dynamic skilled workforce for the future
- explore social enterprise and opportunities to work for the good of the community
- investigate starting up your own opportunities and self-employment, ethically and sustainably
A safe, inclusive environment is offered to all.
As the lead in the North East Wales Youth Entrepreneurship Hub (NE YES Hub) we are committed to the needs of our area as a whole to innovate and grow. Together with our partners at Glyndŵr University, our NE YES Hub's vision is to "develop and nurture self-sufficient, entrepreneurial and innovative young people in North East Wales and who contribute positively to economic and social success of the area." Fundamentally the future of the economy in North East Wales depends on young people and their ability to be creative and entrepreneurial, supporting and pushing forward the existing businesses and finding the new markets of the future. Our activities focus on 3 main themes identified in the Welsh Government's Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy.
- Engaging: Promoting the value of entrepreneurship to create opportunities and develop young people.
- Empowering: Providing young people with entrepreneurial learning opportunities.
- Equipping: Supporting young people to create and grow businesses
We are very proud of our partners and stakeholders in North East Wales who work with both Coleg Cambria and Glyndŵr University through a variety of projects. We draw on the experience and expertise of the business community to support young entrepreneurs and, likewise, offer businesses the opportunity to work with students and graduates to explore new business ideas, succession planning proposals and collaborative enterprise projects.
To find out more about enterprise and entrepreneurship at Coleg Cambria or at the NE YES Hub, please contact:
Enterprise / WorldSkills Manager
CH5 4BRTel: 01244 831531 ext 4333
CH5 4BRTel: 01244 831531 ext 4399